Saturday, May 23, 2009

An offer I can't refuse?

When Charlie first hired me over the phone back in February, it was based solely on the fact that I knew one of "The Texas Boys." My initial employment period was to be for five weeks of pre-harvest work, with the condition that if they were pleased with my performance, they'd keep me on for the three weeks of harvest. So, at most, I was looking at a possible eight weeks of work. I'm now one day into my 12th week. By week two, Charlie told me they were sufficiently impressed with me that they'd be happy to have me stay on for harvest. By week five, she offered me a full-time, permanent position. She said they loved my work ethic, attitude, and enthusiasm, and felt I would make a good addition to the permanent Team. What's more, she said that Rippon would sponsor me for residency when my current work/travel visa expires come January!

I like it here and I've decided to stay...

...through winter that is. I haven't accepted Charlie's offer (yet) but I agreed to stay on through the winter and give it some serious thought.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Good on ya, Steven! Enjoy the New Zealand winter, but be sure to do some exploring in the the Fiordland come Springtime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I Like it here. I've decided to stay." counts, but just barely.

    ReplyDelete