Friday, July 3, 2009

Living the dream!

For several years now--nay, for the entirety of my life--it has been my dream to be able to eat ice cream every single day. Today, I can proudly say that I am living that dream. I've eaten a bowl, cup, or cone of ice cream every day for the past six weeks or so. And, I don't say that as an exaggeration. I literally eat ice cream every day.

Of course, I've always been physically capable of eating ice cream on a daily basis. It's just that in my old life I didn't burn nearly enough calories to do so without potentially ballooning up to 400lbs as a result. But no longer is that the case. Now it seems all the physical work I do in the vineyards every day burns enough calories that I can eat all the mint choc chip, hokey pokey, cookies 'n cream, caramello, and raspberry ripple I want and never gain a pound. My scale hasn't budged from the 180lb mark for close to two months now!

However, it's not all peaches and cream, this dream of mine. Mostly because peaches and cream doesn't exist as a flavor here. Which brings me to my point. As much as I enjoy my daily bowl, I can't help but wish I was dishin' it up from a half-gallon Blue Bell container. Now, don't get me wrong; Deep South, Cadburry, and Tip Top make some fine ice creams. But they're not Blue Bell.

I thought about delving into the human condition and exploring that which keeps us from being fully satisfied when dreams or desires are achieved or obtained (i.e. I'm finally able to eat ice cream every day but it's not the brand I'd truly prefer), but then I decided I'd rather just go and take this new white chocolate raspberry flavor for a spin.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. but did you quit smoking everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the hokey pokey flavor of ice cream. Just too much going on there. Any big 4th of July celebrations??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad: I'd agree with you on all but Tip Top's version of hokey pokey. Theirs is toned down enough that it doesn't overwhelm you like some of the other brands HP. I heard a couple of bars in town did some American Independence Day themed nights, but I spent the 4th sick in bed.

    1F: no comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1F: no comment? C'mon man...I thought you quit before you left??

    ReplyDelete