Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's get ready to rumble!

Halfway through week two at Rippon Vineyards. It's amazing how quickly your body adapts to new working conditions. I've done about twice as much work these three days than the first three days last week (now that I know what I'm doing), yet I'm only half as tired. It seems I'd gotten quite soft sitting behind a desk for the last seven years, but a few more weeks of this and I'll be ready to wrestle my little brother once again. Let me explain: growing up, my brother and I wrestled all the time. We'd go at it til one of us gave in. I always won. Always. Until...one day I didn't. You see, my "little" brother is much bigger and much stronger than me. Once he beat me, and it became abundantly clear to all involved that he would beat me every time going forward, that was all she wrote for our wrestling matches. Who knows? Maybe the next time I see him, we might just re institute an old tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment